[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · Login ]  
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Confederation News Agency » Confederation Board » My trip PPPL (Princeton Plasma Physics Lab) (Pictures of my trip to PPPL)
My trip PPPL (Princeton Plasma Physics Lab)
AsumataDate: Tuesday, 2013/June/04, 4:15 PM | Message # 1
Sunday, June 16th, 2013
Group: Forum Visitor
Plasma being shaped by a magnet:

Fusion reactor (1/3):

Reactor cost is about $90,000,000. Fusions reactors are the energy of the future using the tritium and deuterium found in normal water to create fusion. These types of reactors reach temperatures of about 900,000 degrees celcius which is about 9x hotter than the center of our sun. These reactors create fusion the same way that the sun does however needs to be much much hotter then the sun due to the lack of pressure that gravitation naturally gives to the sun. Currently nobody can produce more energy then in takes to run. out of the three million kilowats used to run the reactor at PPPL only about one million kilowats was produced. A reactor named ITER located on the south of France is a program in which all the nations are working torward to make this energy source available. ITER is the first fusion reactor in which they estimation of power outage is significantly more then the power input by a factor of 5:1. Even though the reactor is not ready yet, it's success would solve the energy crysis. If we were to take an inch of water off the top of lake Irie, and ran it through ITER, it would produce the same amount of energy as if we had burned all of our current oil reserves. Fusion reactors produce no waste, are safe, produce their own fuel, and are an unlimited source of energy. We will have to wait to see ITER succeeds, if so, we would have harnessed the power of the sun. For now we just have to wait and see whether we take a great step into the future of mankind, or a step back to the drawing boards.

KarnageDate: Tuesday, 2013/June/04, 5:39 PM | Message # 2
Monday, February 9th, 2015
that's awesome!

Vice Admiral
CFS-Soverign
My name is Karnage, and I cannot safely use a deep frier.

KhalDanisDate: Tuesday, 2013/June/04, 6:32 PM | Message # 3
Saturday, February 7th, 2015
Group: Officers
That looks super amazing!

Now, you shall feel the power of the Protoss...

CrunChyDate: Tuesday, 2013/June/04, 11:51 PM | Message # 4
Saturday, July 10th, 2010
Group: Elder's Board
Wow this really gets you thinking. I wish there was more funding towards these kind of projects.

Website Administrator | TeamSpeak Administrator | ConFed Legend

Strength, Pride, Unity!

tenshenderDate: Thursday, 2013/June/06, 9:57 AM | Message # 5
Thursday, January 24th, 2014
Fusion is the future, keeping it off the grid for a long time is in the best interest of global economy. Quite the conundrum.

No one cared who I was until I took the helm.
Commander of the CFS-Excalibur
:|: Strength~Pride~Unity :|:

Forum » Confederation News Agency » Confederation Board » My trip PPPL (Princeton Plasma Physics Lab) (Pictures of my trip to PPPL)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free website builderuCoz